If you are suffering with the following; please proceed directly to your nearest Emergency Department
- Inability to Breathe / Respiratory Distress / Trouble Breathing
- Active Bleeding
- Change in Mental Status (such as unusual behavior, confusion, difficulty arousing)
- Chest Pain
- Coughing up or Vomiting Blood
- Fainting or loss of consciousness
- Feeling of committing suicide or murder
- Head or spine injury
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Sudden injury due to a motor vehicle accident, burns or smoke inhalation, near drowning, deep or large wound, or other injuries
- Sudden, severe pain anywhere in the body
- Sudden dizziness or weakness
- Swallowing a poisonous substance
- Abdominal Pain or Pressure
To support those who support us Janzen's is happy to offer the services of our Nurse Practitioner program exclusively to those individuals who are current and active clients of Janzen's Pharmacy.
In Ontario, Registered Nurses in the Extended Class, also known as Nurse Practitioners (NPs), are registered nurses with additional education and experience who are able to order and interpret diagnostic tests, communicate diagnoses, prescribe pharmaceuticals and perform specific procedures. Offered both by walk-in and booked appointments, Janzen’s Pharmacy offers two Nurse Practitioners to ensure care for our patients in the event that they do not have a primary care provider, or if they would have to wait days or weeks for an appointment.
Our Nurse Practitioner staff is able to manage a wide variety of acute concerns, such as minor infections, help you quit smoking, or assessing your blood pressure. Our program is not a replacement for a regular care provider, and as we are not a ‘family practice’ we do not have regular patients. Our program also includes a variety of special programs for our patients, which can be found here.
In the event that a patient is unable to visit our locations, our Nurse Practitioners will see patients in their homes by appointment if the concern is believed to be within the scope of our program.
As our Nurse Practitioners are not publicly-funded under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan, their primary care services are not available to the general public. This includes such programs as our INR Management Program or House Call Program. Our clinical services are restricted to patients that utilize our locations as their sole and primary pharmacies. As we are not a OHIP funded program certain diagnostics as well as referrals to specialists is not within the scope of our program.
For issues that may necessitate referrals, collaboration with other external partners or comprehensive diagnostics you may wish to consider one of the independently operated walk-in clinics available to the public located adjacent to Janzen's Pharmacy. For details please click here.
Please note that the Nurse Practitioner program is not a replacement for a family provider, emergency service or the services of a hospital. We do not offer ongoing home care services, wound care or dressing changes.
For more details on our program, or to book an appointment, please contact our staff at our Bay & Algoma location at (807) 345-1191 extension 4.
For medical emergencies please contact 911 or proceed to your nearest emergency department.
If you are requesting records from our NP programs please complete the Record Request Form
- Please note that we do not have access to records for the independently operated Walk In Clinics, Specialist Offices or Family Medicine Practices that currently operate or have previously operated out of the various Janzen's Locations. Requests for records should be directed to the appropriate physician attention.