Please note that we cannot provide you with specific information regarding the requirements of your destination. Please contact the border services or immigration department for your destination. Your travel agent may also be able to assist you in determining your entry requirements.
Please ensure your bring your photo identification and travel documents (such as itinerary)
If you answer yes to any of the questions below, Vector Health will NOT provide you with COVID-19 testing. Please visit your nearest government public health testing clinic.
1. Do you have one or more of the COVID-19 symptoms below?
- fever and/or chills
- cough or barking cough (croup)
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- difficulty swallowing
- decrease or loss of smell or taste
- runny or stuffy/congested nose
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- extreme tiredness
- pink eye (for adults)
- stomach pain (for adults)
- falling down often (for older adults)
2. Has a doctor, health care provider, or public health unit told you that you should currently be isolating (staying at home)?
3. have you been identified as a “close contact” of someone who currently has COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
4. Have you received a COVID Alert exposure notification on your cell phone in the last 14 days (and have not been tested or waiting for your result)?
5. Is anyone you live with currently experiencing any new COVID-19 symptoms and/or waiting for test results after experiencing symptoms?
6. Have you tested positive for COVID 19 in the last 14 days?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Vector Health will NOT provide you with COVID-19 testing. Please visit your nearest government public health testing clinic.
Testing is available for asymptomatic individuals only.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or are a known household or high-risk contact please contact the local COVID-19 Assessment Center
- Please note that the Provincial COVID Assessment Center does not provide testing for travel purposes.
- If this is an emergency please contact your local emergency services.
What are the costs?
- Rapid Antigen Testing (30 Minute Results) - $75+HST
- Same Day RT-PCR (Results Same Day if Performed Before 4pm) - $199+HST
- 2 Hour Expedited RT-PCR (Results within 2 Hours of Sample Collection) - $350+HST
When will I get the results?
- Rapid Antigen Testing - 30 Minute Results
- Same Day RT-PCR - Results Same Day if Performed Before 4pm. Generally between 4pm-6pm. If after 4pm generally between 8-10am the following morning
- 2 Hour Expedited RT-PCR - Results within 2 Hours of Sample Collection
Can I book or pay in person?
- No, you must book online.
Are your tests Health-Canada approved?
- Yes, all our test results and health equipment are Health-Canada approved.
- You will still need to check with the local government you are travelling to in order to ensure your test results will be approved upon landing. Vector Health Labs and Janzen's Pharmacy cannot provide definitive advice or recommendations for any specific destination.
- It is the responsibility of the individual requesting the test to ensure that the test being requested will be accepted on arrival.
- Additional requirements are present for Japan, Barbados, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos
- Additional documentation that can be supplied at the time of the visit; please identify these destinations at the time of your visit.
How will I receive my results?
- Vector Health will send an official attestation of the results to the email address provided when booking an appointment.
- Your privacy is important to us, so please make sure all your information is correct when booking.
- We also offer receipts for an insurance or extended health benefit claim.
- If you provided the wrong email address, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update this on file.
Can I use my test results to travel?
- Yes, both of our tests are used for travel-related reasons. We will send you an official attestation of results. This way, you can show a verified form to security.
- We cannot provide specific information about the entry requirements for your destination. Please ensure that you consulted with your destination's official resources to determine your specific requirements.
- Regardless, you will still need to check with the local government you are travelling to in order to ensure your test results will be accepted upon landing.
What happens when I cancel my appointment with Vector Health/Janzen's Pharmacy?
- For ALL cancellations, a $25.00 admin fee will be charged to your credit card.
- To cancel an appointment please email email@example.com
Am I eligible to be tested by Vector Health?
- If you answer yes to any of the screening questions then Vector Health will NOT be able to complete your testing.
- If you are experiencing any COVID related symptoms and live in Thunder Bay, please contact the COVID Assessment Center.