The PacMed System is ideal for use in assisted-living or long-term care homes with multiple patients, where multiple caregivers administer medications. The system consists of a strip of cellophane pouches, containing multi-dose or unit-dose medications, and a Pouch Porter box to store them in.
The PacMed System is also a great travel aid for individual patients: Janzen's can custom-package your medications and supplements into daily or multi-day pouches. Just toss them in your suitcase, and you're ready to go!
- Pouch Porters for each floor or area of the facility are loaded onto custom medication carts for easy portability and dispensing.
Janzens provides all startup materials and supplies to maintain the PacMed system.
The PacMed System
- Improves accuracy and patient safety
- Reduces medication preparation time
- Reduces administration time
- Improves charting
- Eliminates re-ordering of most regularly administered medications
- Reduces time spent receiving medications
- Reduces drug waste and drug destruction time
Watch for the introduction of our eMAR (Electronic Medication Administration Record) by Catalyst