Travel Health & Vaccine Services Available:
Monday Janzen's Westfort Village 4pm - 8pm
Tuesday Janzen's Lillie Street 10am - 12pm
Thursday Janzen's Westfort Village 3pm - 6pm
Friday Janzen's Northwood Park 3pm - 6pm
Please note that TB Skin Tests cannot be performed on Thursdays or the Friday preceeding a holiday Monday. Closed holidays
The travel clinic will be closed on Good Friday (April 19th); but will be open on Easter Monday (April 22nd)
Please note that we cannot provide medical recommendations
over the phone or via email for any reason.
We also cannot provide more information regarding vaccine
availability than what is contained below under Important Notices
Important Notices (Updated March 18, 2019):
- Twinrix is intermittantly available in limited quantities on a first-come, first-served bases through the clinic.
- Twinrix Junior is available in limited quantities on a first-come, first-served bases through the clinic.
- Shingrix available in limited quantities on a first-come, first-served bases through the clinic.
There are currently massive worldwide shortages in multiple vaccine products:
- Other shortages may periodically occur. Unfortunately, many of these products have limited suppliers and may not be available from alternative sources.
Yellow Fever Vaccine - NO DOSES AVAILABLE @ 2019-03-25:
- This represents our total Quarter 2 2019 allocation. We will receive no more Yellow Fever Vaccine for Jan-Mar 2019, with next expected allocation being April or May 2019.
- Please note that Yellow Fever Vaccine is in a shortage situation, which has severely reduced public supply. Sanofi Pasteur (the sole North American manufacturer) has not identified when regular supply will resume; and the shortage may persist though 2019
- Yellow fever vaccine must be provided by a clinician who is designated under the Yellow Fever Vaccination Program to provide this vaccine. The yellow fever vaccination cannot be dispensed even with a prescription from a provider who is not designated by the YFVP to do so. You must present in person with your passport in order to receive this vaccine, when available, and to receive a copy of the Certification of Vaccination required for immigation purposes.
Prepare for take-off with Janzen’s Travel Health Clinics!
Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, our team offers complete pre-travel health advice and vaccinations specific to your needs and destination.
- Visits are walk-in only, and are first come / first served.
- We do not provide telemedicine consultations or recommendations at this time.
- We recommend visiting our centres (or any travel health clinic) a minimum of six weeks prior to travel.
- Janzen's Travel Health and Vaccine Clinic will not administer vaccines or injections obtained at other providers or pharmacies due to concerns of appropriate storage and handling.
- We are able to hold additional doses of vaccines to be administered in the future, however it is the client's responsibility to ensure they present for any recommended follow up.
Costs of Service
- Our standard consultation fee is $30.00 for individuals, and $60.00 for families of 3 or more (plus HST).
- OHIP does not fund travel medicine or travel vaccination, and we cannot direct-bill insurance plans for the consultation fee, only prescribed medications/vaccinations.
- We will provide an invoice for the consultation fee to provide to your private health plan for reimbursement.
- Ensure you bring your health / drug benefit information so we may attempt to put the vaccinations or medications through your benefit plan.
- Clients will receive pricing on vaccinations and medications prior to filling.
- Clients are under no obligation to have those medications or vaccinations filled.
What to Bring to Your Visit?
- Immunization Record
- Extended Health Benefits Card / Drug Coverage Information
- List of Current Medications
Tuberculin Skin Testing (TB Skin Tests)
- The Travel Health & Vaccine Clinic will also perform non-medically necessary Tuberculin Skin Testing ('TB Skin Tests') for education or employment purposes at our clinics.
- The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) does not cover the cost of TB Skin Testing for employment or seniors assisted living home placement.
- TB Skin tests must be read 48-72 hours after administration.
- Please note that we are unable to administer TB Skin Tests at the clinics on Thursdays in addition to Fridays preceeding a holiday Monday.
- There is a $50.00 + HST fee for this service.
- A two step TB Skin Test will be billed for each individual test at the time of injection.
- There is a separate charge for each TB Skin Test in a 2-step TB Skin Test.
- Effective Jan 30st, 2017 TB skin testing for the purposes of education is insured under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan. However, as our clinic is not funded under OHIP; we will be continuing to charge for providing TB Skin Testing for students (as we are not using publicly funder Tubersol/TB Skin Test Serum). Please note that in addition to being listed here, this is also identified in the consent form for TB skin testing that all clients must complete, and as such we will not provide refunds to clients who are unaware of this policy. All students are encouraged to contact their primary care provider (family doctor, nurse practitioner or clinic) to determine if they are able to accomodate them for TB skin tests. We are awaiting word from our local public health unit if we can receive publicly funded TB serum; at which time we may revisit this policy.
Telemedicine Consultations for Travel Health & Vaccination Clinic
- Please note that at this time we do not provide over the phone travel medicine consultations for any reason.
- Similar to how you cannot phone a walk-in clinic requesting a prescription for antibiotics for a cough, pre-travel consultations are individualized assessments to determine your risk of contracting possible life-threatening conditions on your trip.
- During consultations there may be discussions of your current health history; including medications, allegies, health conditions and other information, that may directly impact the safety of our clients.
- It is our responsibily to ensure that you make an informed decision regarding possible risks and benefits of any treatment, including vaccination.
- To ensure that costs are reasonable and to avoid financial barriers to receiving pre-travel preventative care, we have set our costs at or below the costs of the alternative local travel clinic.
- Although the Travel Health & Vaccination Clinic is located within Janzen's Pharmacy; pharmacy staff cannot give medical recommendations over the phone.
Travel Health Resources
- We will accept emails for general information, such as clinic hours or locations.
- We cannot answer emails with medical information requests, such as recommendations for specific travel locations or the 'necessity' for vaccinations